Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Family Update from Greta

I, Greta (Justus) (Trumbo) Houseal started going to Sun Valley almost at the beginning while still in the schoolhouse. I was married to Oma Ray Justus (now deceased) and we had two children Patricia Jean (Jeanie) and Danny Ray Justus.

What an exciting time and hard work when we moved the barracks to start our building. Each thing accomplished was great, some great meals and fellowships were had in those barracks with services and classes. The auditorium was then built and the barracks was used for classrooms. The building was then built with classrooms, offices, meeting rooms, and a large space for dinners, teen worship, and games. When the barracks were torn down that was both a happy and a sad time; sad for all the memories, hard work, and bonding of the members; happy for the new building with so many classrooms and special things the building would hold dear to all of us.

My son Danny lives in Jacksonville, Florida and has two children. Jerob who is not married and Kelly Garza who lives in Houston and has given me three special great grand sons. Before my Mother passed away we were blessed to have a 5-generation picture.

Patricia Jean lives in Caldwell Texas and had given me 2 beautiful granddaughters, Tanya going to court reporting school and Diana going to college and upon graduation will be in the nursing field. Diana just returned from a 6-week mission trip to Bangkok and other point with the Aggie’s for Christ.

I divorced Oma Ray in 1979 and in 1980 married that special man Harry Trumbo and we had 8 beautiful years together with the last four in Jonestown next door to my parents. I retired from the airlines and worked with travel agents until 1994. In August 1988 my dad passed away and Sept. 1988 Harry passed away just six weeks after Dad. How sad and lonely Mom and I was.
In 1994 I met another special man William (Bill) Houseal and in March 1995 we married and had 13 wonderful years together. Dec 31, 2007 my Mom Estelle Jones passed away and March 9, 2008 Bill passed away. Now I am all alone but have a wonderful family and church family. Bill gave me a great extended family of 3 children, 8 grandchildren and one great grand daughter.

I am thankful for Debbie Blackburn for the hard work and also her co-workers for all their hard work for this reunion. Hope to see you there.

Love ya Greta

No comments: