Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Favorite Memories

Most of us could go on and on talking about our favorite memories of Sun Valley days. Do you remember a beautiful wedding; the birth of a new baby being brought to the Cradle Roll class for the very first time; Vacation Bible School; riding in the “Old Yeller” bus with the Ahooga horn to the Monday night devotionals; Camp Mohawk; the Bus Ministry Program; Fun Time Skating Rink nights; Ice Cream Suppers, or wrapping houses? Whatever your favorite memory, we would love for you to share it with us.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember our great youth group and the many fun activities. One that comes to mind was a Halloween party (when you could have Halloween parties!) at church. There was a huge maze made out of refrigerator boxes. Remember Virginia Kirksey dressed as a witch! What a fun time!
Janice Priestley Pearson

A Tale of Two Cities said...

How about all those skating parties at the roller rink? Those were the highlight of the month. Except for the night when my daddy fell and broke his arm when he was clowning around.

We have many great memories of bus rides to youth devos and all the many ways that the Richters helped out with the youth functions.

Anonymous said...

How well I remember Jack Baten breaking his arm at the skating rink, he was messing around with me at time stomping his skates like he was going to run into me and I just covered my head and he fell behind me and there he was on the floor...
Betty Richter

Anonymous said...

I remember that night Jack Baten broke his arm. I had finally gotten Johnny to put on a pair of scates and give it a try. Then Jack landed right in front (or behind, I forget) and that was all for the skating! I think Johnny has been on skates one time since that night -- he still hates it!!
Ella Mochman Cliver