Friday, May 16, 2008

New Vision for Sun Valley BlogSpot

Sometimes my brain just keeps working on overdrive even when I sleep! Does that ever happen to any of you? My "New Vision" for this Sun Valley BlogSpot is for it to be a wealth of information to keep everyone informed. The more I learn about blogging, the more I think it can actually serve a better purpose than a designated website that has to be continuously updated. With a blog, you may go days, weeks, or months without posting new information, but it doesn't matter if old posts or outdated information is still out there. How can you help? I'm glad you asked. I would like to back track just a little bit and gather information that will be included as part of the label, "What Is Going On? This section will have information on Engagements, Wedding Announcements, Anniversaries (20+ years), Birth Annoucements, Deaths, You're Invited, Prayer List, Want Ads, etc. Items that are most pressing will be posted/highlighted on the uppermost right hand side of the "Home" page. For example, right now, the reunion takes priority, but if there is a funeral service or some other annoucement that needs to get top billing, that item will be posted.

I'm hoping that many of you will add this BlogSpot to your list of favorites and will check it periodically. Also, if any of you are bloggers too, please send me your BlogSpot link so that we can include it on our site and others within the Sun Valley Connection can keep in touch with you this way also.

Your task: For those of you that have had exciting news in any of the above categories in the last six months or so, please send me your information which can include a photo or two. I know I'm possibly opening myself up to be bombarded with lots of information, but I'm willing to give it a try for now because in a few more years, our children's children probably won't be interested or care anything about the former members of the Sun Valley congregation!

No comments: